Sunday, June 3, 2012

cedar's birthday - family portraits

i wanted to get some portraits of cedar with various family members at his party. i envisioned beautiful, matching, happy photos with a delighted 1 year old. what i did not count on, was him refusing to nap despite being up hours before his usual time, being tired, and cranky, missing family members, a broken camera, and being exhausted. (obviously its my first child's birthday, right?)

overall, the photos we did get, i cherish. this first one of him and his sister is my absolute favourite.

cedar and dahlya




so tired we couldn't even fake it..
cedar and his nana

cedar with my mum and her partner steve
cedar with my grandparents
cedar with my aunty sandy

cedar and my cousin april
cedar with my cousin chris and his partner steph
cedar and my aunt teresa
cedar 



3 comments:

  1. so handsome! i love that sheet backdrop and swear we had that exact linen when i was a kid. so great! my Otto frowned his way through the entire first birthday party. kinda love that they always remind us that our expectations can go to hell, thank you very much :) but your pictures are seriously great. happy bday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your comment on my blog totally made me smile.

    i love the name cedar! i had to laugh because my daughter also refused her nap on the day of her last birthday party and i have some zombie pictures to prove it -- of both of us!

    love your blog, will be following. :)

    ReplyDelete